Tuesday 10 September 2013

The Unbreakable Wyse Family

The family who motivated and inspired me to write a blog about them at the end of last year has now received coverage in this week's issue of People magazine!

Keith and Cheryl Wyse, founders of Agape Family Life House, adopted four girls from China who were born with brittle bones (i.e. osteogenesis imperfecta). The People article shows how these four bright and happy children possess unbreakable spirits, and have also lifted the spirits of everyone around them.

I met them all in July 2012, and I have maintained some contact with Keith since then. 
The family's story moved me so much I go so far as to declare Keith and Cheryl living saints. They rescued these children and have provided them with unconditional love and a higher quality of life.

Here is a sample of their People profile. I bought the magazine today (it has Katie Couric on the cover). The expanded version has more details about the family and extra photos of the kids. It's a very inspiring read. I recommend picking up a copy before they're all gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My remembrances of Gordon Lightfoot

It was one year ago today that Canada and the world bid farewell to Gordon Lightfoot. I never met him, though there are three personal anecd...