Tuesday 29 October 2013

A personal Lou Reed memory

Last Sunday, October 27, legendary rocker Lou Reed died of liver failure at the age of 71. While I don't have any of his music, I am familiar with some of his work solo and with The Velvet Underground. I saw Lou Reed live once, when he was among several famous artists to open the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Museum.

The concert took place in Cleveland on September 2, 1995. Here is a clip from that concert, where Reed performed his classic "Sweet Jane" with Soul Asylum. It was one of the highlights of the evening.

Yesterday I tweeted a message to his Twitter account, saying, "Rest in peace, and thank you for the music."

No comments:

Post a Comment

My remembrances of Gordon Lightfoot

It was one year ago today that Canada and the world bid farewell to Gordon Lightfoot. I never met him, though there are three personal anecd...