Friday 27 January 2017

Remembering a buddy and a saint


I am very sad to read that my American friend Keith Wyse passed away earlier this month. He was the founder of Agape Family Life House, based in China. Agape is an orphanage that takes in orphaned and/or abandoned children, many of whom have physical disabilities. Four of Keith's eight children were born with osteogenesis imperfecta (brittle bones). I met Keith and his family in 2012. I once described him as a living saint. I even referred to him as my buddy. He reciprocated. RIP Keith.

I first wrote about Keith and his wonderful family in late 2012, in a blog titled My Favourite Moment of 2012I wrote about them again the next year, in The Unbreakable Wyse Family.

Here is a video of Keith sharing his testimonial with the congregation of New Life Christian Fellowship Church in Oak Park, Illinois (ca. 2013).

No comments:

Post a Comment

My remembrances of Gordon Lightfoot

It was one year ago today that Canada and the world bid farewell to Gordon Lightfoot. I never met him, though there are three personal anecd...