Tuesday 21 June 2011

Remembering You, Carroll O'Connor, 10 years later

It was 10 years ago today that Carroll O'Connor, one of my favourite actors, died at the age of 76. I know him best from his TV shows All in the Family, Archie Bunker's Place and In the Heat of the Night.

It was while watching All in the Family reruns in the '80s and '90s that I became one of his fans. I marvel at how a bright and liberal-minded actor could play a loudmouthed bigot like Archie Bunker so well, and make him likeable at the same time. I plan to blog about my favourite All in the Family episodes in the next few days/weeks.

Not only could O'Connor act brilliantly, he was also good at singing, as evidenced by the above clip. All three of his most famous TV series are still shown in Canada.

RIP Carroll, your life and career continue to be remembered and celebrated.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My remembrances of Gordon Lightfoot

It was one year ago today that Canada and the world bid farewell to Gordon Lightfoot. I never met him, though there are three personal anecd...