Sunday 19 June 2011

RIP Clarence Clemons, the Big Man in the E Street Band

Clarence Clemons was the saxophonist in Bruce Springsteen's E Street Band. Clemons died yesterday (June 18) of stroke-related complications at age 69. He was my favourite member of the E Street Band.

Here's a clip of his 1986 solo hit with Jackson Browne, "You're a Friend of Mine."


UPDATE 6/20/11: I got to see Clemons perform with Springsteen and the E Street Band at an all-star concert for the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in Cleveland 16 years ago. I'm so glad I got to see and hear this great musician live.

Thank you for this wonderful memory. You were and are the Big Man. RIP.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My remembrances of Gordon Lightfoot

It was one year ago today that Canada and the world bid farewell to Gordon Lightfoot. I never met him, though there are three personal anecd...