Friday 22 February 2013

My 2013 Oscar predictions

Okay everybody, for the first time ever I am posting my Oscar predictions. These are the predictions I am making for the most popular categories in the 2013 Oscars airing this Sunday, February 24:

Best Picture: Argo

Best Actor: Daniel Day-Lewis, Lincoln

Best Actress: Emmanuelle Riva, Amour

Best Supporting Actor: Christoph Waltz, Django Unchained

Best Supporting Actress: Anne Hathaway, Les Miserables

Best Director: Steven Spielberg, Lincoln

Best Original Song: "Skyfall" (Adele Adkins/Paul Epworth), Skyfall

Best Animated Feature: Wreck-it Ralph

I'm not putting any money down or taking part in any Oscar pools. I'd prefer to place a gentleman's bet instead.

1 comment:

  1. Interesting how things transpired last night. Some of my predictions were proven correct, especially with Day-Lewis, Hathaway, Waltz and Adele, and with Argo winning Best Picture. Though I predicted Wreck-it Ralph to win Best Animated Feature, it was a nice surprise to see Brave win it instead. Seeing Ang Lee win Best Director for Life of Pi was also surprising. (Lee won the same award for Brokeback Mountain in 2006.) Another surprise was seeing Skyfall and Zero Dark Thirty tie for Best Sound Editing. Next year I'll post predictions for the next Oscars.

    ReplyDelete

My remembrances of Gordon Lightfoot

It was one year ago today that Canada and the world bid farewell to Gordon Lightfoot. I never met him, though there are three personal anecd...