Saturday 30 December 2017

Remembering Monty Hall


Famous Canadian-born game show host Monty Hall died this past September 30 at the age of 96. I was blessed to work with him on several occasions when he hosted Variety Club Telethons for the province of Ontario.

He was always friendly to me whenever I appeared with him on the show. The majority of my appearances were made as a member of my school's choir, comprised of children with physical disabilities. Though Hall was busy each telethon greeting guests and announcing total donation updates, he made time to say hi to me and others representing Sunny View Public School. He never once asked us to make a deal with him.

Hall is remembered for creating and hosting the original Let's Make a Deal game show, but I will always remember him as a kind man who gave his time and talent supporting charitable organizations like Variety Club. More importantly, I will remember him as a generous person who treated everybody equally.


No comments:

Post a Comment