Monday 13 July 2020

My Beatles Solo Project - Week 7


The 7th and final week of my Beatles Solo Project begins today. I have enjoyed taking the time to listen to The Beatles' solo albums more deeply. This project only covers the 32 solo albums released between 1968 and 1980. Though things would profoundly change after the tragic death of John Lennon in 1980, the three (now two) remaining members would continue to make solo recordings with varying degrees of success. I may examine these albums in the future. Stay tuned.

The final four albums I'm listening to include Back to the Egg, Paul's swan song with Wings. The last album I'll listen to will be John's Double Fantasy with Yoko Ono. This one will be the hardest one for me to write about since this was the last album John released before his life and career ended abruptly. Since Double Fantasy is one of the 16 nominees for my top 10, I will write more about it soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My remembrances of Gordon Lightfoot

It was one year ago today that Canada and the world bid farewell to Gordon Lightfoot. I never met him, though there are three personal anecd...