Tuesday 8 September 2020

Week 2 of my 2nd Beatles Solo Project


Week 2 of my 2nd Beatles Solo Project has begun! Only four albums are being played this week, one per member. It is unfortunately the only week where all four Beatles are represented equally. John Lennon's one posthumously-released album, Milk and Honey, was released in January 1984, just over three years after he was killed. Milk and Honey is going to be one of the nominees for my final top 10 list.

Another album up for consideration is Paul McCartney's Tug of War. One of Paul's best post-Wings albums, it includes "Here Today," his personal tribute song about John.
To elaborate on this listening project, the format for this second one is much like the first. One difference is that I'll be listening to 34 studio albums instead of 32. The two Traveling Wilburys albums with George are included, even though they aren't officially considered solo albums.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My remembrances of Gordon Lightfoot

It was one year ago today that Canada and the world bid farewell to Gordon Lightfoot. I never met him, though there are three personal anecd...