Monday 14 September 2020

Week 3 of my 2nd Beatles Solo Project

Week 3 of my 2nd Beatles Solo Project has begun! Today I revisited Paul's Give My Regards to Broad Street, the soundtrack to his almost-forgotten movie from 1984. The soundtrack is the best part of the film, featuring mostly remakes of Beatles and Wings songs. "No More Lonely Nights" is the best of the three originals on the soundtrack.
Paul's Press to Play from 1986 is next. The 1993 reissue includes "Spies Like Us," the title theme to the 1985 comedy movie (and his last top 10 hit to date).
George's Cloud Nine from 1987 is an album I've always loved. After its release, he formed the supergroup the Traveling Wilburys with Jeff Lynne, Bob Dylan, the late Roy Orbison and the late Tom Petty. Both of their albums are included in the project playlist.
The last album this week is the most obscure, an album of rock 'n' roll oldies Paul recorded for the Russian market in 1988. Known as The Russian Album, it became more widely available globally in 1991, just weeks prior to the fall of the Soviet Union.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My remembrances of Gordon Lightfoot

It was one year ago today that Canada and the world bid farewell to Gordon Lightfoot. I never met him, though there are three personal anecd...