Friday 1 April 2011

My April Fool's Dream (2010)


Here's another blog rescued from my old MySpace account:

Subject: My April Fool's Dream
Posted Date: Apr 1, 2010 2:17 PM

This is a dream I experienced two nights before this April Fool's Day. It's one of the few I can still remember vividly.

I went into this store and saw ads for a new oldies radio station premiering that day. It billed itself as Toronto's newest oldies station. (The one we used to have on AM changed to an all-news format last year.)

I could hear music and a dynamic-sounding DJ's voice coming from what looked like a radio bolted to the wall. There was even station merchandise for sale with the station's logo on it. I also saw other people enjoying the sounds. I stuck around and heard 3-4 songs.

As soon as I was about to buy a station cap, someone came in front of me, and said, "Stop! Don't buy this! This is all fake! You've just been punk'd on April Fool's Day!" I don't recall laughing much as I left the store.

The "DJ" was a guy in the backroom, the radio was an intercom that looked like a radio, and the "customers" were paid extras.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My remembrances of Gordon Lightfoot

It was one year ago today that Canada and the world bid farewell to Gordon Lightfoot. I never met him, though there are three personal anecd...