Sunday 7 June 2020

My Beatles Solo Albums Countdown launches



This week I initiated a fun project where I listen to every solo album made by the Beatles in the studio between 1968 and 1980. I'm sure there are Beatlemaniacs who agree that those first 12 years of their solo careers were their most important. as those years revealed who they were/are as individual artists.

I made a collage of the albums I listened to during this first week. George Harrison was the first Beatle to release an official solo album. Wonderwall Music is mostly an instrumental album which served as the soundtrack to a movie called Wonderwall.

Ringo Starr released 2 solo albums in 1970, while Paul McCartney released one. John Lennon released his first solo album at the end of 1970, and I'll listen to it in Week 2.

At the end of each week I will review which one(s) I like the best. Once the seven weeks have ended I will list my 10 favourites out of the 32 studio albums released between 1968 and 1980.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Why is America Unraveling? | The Agenda