Monday 12 October 2020

A short Thanksgiving note


In these stressful times, I remind myself frequently that I have a lot to be thankful for this Thanksgiving. I am thankful for my family, friends, PSWs, my health (no COVID-19). a place to live, my place of employment and the continued ability to learn new things. I also realize that not everybody has all these things. I would be lying if I said that I haven't taken any of these things for granted. Now I choose to enjoy living in the moment and not obsess or worry about what may or may not happen tomorrow. We can only control what is happening in the present. Yesterday can never be changed. Remember to appreciate what you do have, and live one day at a time. I wish all of you a Happy Thanksgiving, even those of you who aren't in Canada.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My remembrances of Gordon Lightfoot

It was one year ago today that Canada and the world bid farewell to Gordon Lightfoot. I never met him, though there are three personal anecd...