Thursday 15 October 2020

Week 7 of my 2nd Beatles Solo Project


Week 7 of my 2nd Beatles Solo Project began on Tuesday. It began with Ringo 2012. It hasn't aged as well as Ringo 1973.

Paul's Kisses on the Bottom (2012) is a good album of jazz standards, with cameos from Diana Krall, Eric Clapton and Stevie Wonder. "My Valentine" is an original song Paul wrote for his third wife, Nancy. It ranks well alongside the older songs covered on this collection.
New, Paul's follow-up from 2013, and Ringo's Postcards from Paradise from 2015, round out the week.
I have fallen behind with my write-ups on the albums I've nominated for the project. Because of my busy schedule and the anxieties that sometimes come with it, I haven't been able to write as much lately. I hope to catch up in the next few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My remembrances of Gordon Lightfoot

It was one year ago today that Canada and the world bid farewell to Gordon Lightfoot. I never met him, though there are three personal anecd...