Wednesday 21 October 2020

Remembering Sandra Carpenter - Disability Rights Pioneer and IL Visionary (1954 - 2020)


On a personal note, 2020 began on the wrong foot before the pandemic came to Canada. Back in January, and just two days after one of my friends lost his mom, one of my greatest colleagues and life coaches died suddenly. Sandra Carpenter to me is one of the best disability advocates/activists I ever got the chance to know. Her life was celebrated Friday night at the virtual Annual General Meeting hosted by the Centre for Independent Living in Toronto (CILT). Here is the montage that was shown that night. I learned so much from her that I apply her teachings to my everyday life. Her wisdom and example has improved the quality of life for many people with disabilities in Toronto and elsewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My remembrances of Gordon Lightfoot

It was one year ago today that Canada and the world bid farewell to Gordon Lightfoot. I never met him, though there are three personal anecd...